Fan Code of Conduct
Fans are encouraged to cheer, sing, and otherwise support San Antonio Fútbol Club (SAFC) while remaining respectful and courteous to their fellow patrons, referees, opposing team fans and players. All fans must abide by the Fan Code of Conduct.
The venue staff has been trained to intervene and deescalate when necessary to help ensure that the expectations are met, and guests are encouraged to report any inappropriate behavior to the nearest venue staff personnel. Guest who chose not to adhere to the Fan Code of Conduct may be subject to sanctions deemed applicable by the United Soccer League and/or SAFC management including but not limited to warnings, ejections, venue bans, removal of supporter privileges, or arrest.
- Fans will be respectful towards the players, staff, officials, and fellow fans.
- Fans will refrain from displaying images, using language, or any other actions that are threatening, abusive, or discriminatory, including, but not limited to, based on race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, ability, and/or sexual orientation.
- Fans that consume alcohol will be of legal age and do so in a responsible fashion.
- Fans will not behave in ways that are unruly, disruptive, inappropriate, or illegal in nature.
- Fans will not fight or incite violence.
- Fans will not damage property either inside or outside the venue.
- Fans will not interfere with the progress of the match including entering the playing field or the surrounding area, throwing objects, including throwing objects on or towards the field or declining to promptly return a ball that has gone out of play.
- Fans will not smoke, including the use of vibe products inside stadium premises
- Fans will not stand on seats or stand in aisles.
- Fans will not wear clothing displaying profane or offensive material.
- Fans will not use artificial noise makers or smoke devices.
- Fans will not violate of any local, state, or federal laws.
- Fans will follow directions from venue staff regarding compliance with the Fan Code of Conduct, stadium policies, and emergency procedures.
SAFC and Toyota Fieldreserves the right to inspect all packages or bags brought into or leaving the Stadium. No items should be removed from the stadium, without proper authorization from SAFC management.
To safeguard our staff and guests, the following are not permitted to be brought into the Toyota Field:
• Bottles (glass, thermos, cans)
• Cameras with detachable lenses or lenses longer than 3” when extended
• Chains (metal)
• Costumes (dangerous in nature) including nun chucks, pitchforks, sling blades, axes, swords, whips, nooses, etc.)
• Electronic Cigarettes
• Weapons of any kind
• Knives or Multi Tools (pocketknives, switchblades, lock-blades, throwing stars, scissors)
• Purses or Backpacks larger than 12x12x6
• Large Hats or Signs*
• Laser Pointers or Laser Pens
• Noisemakers* (including cowbells and vuvuzelas)
• Poles* or rods of any kind, this includes selfie sticks
• Swords (plastic, metal)
• Video Cameras/Recording Devices
• Other items determined to be unsafe by stadium management* Registered Supporter’s Groups may be granted the privilege of using certain instruments, smoke, flags, and TIFO’s in their sections with advanced approval.
Supporter Group Section Guidelines
- Fans in SAFC supporter group section will enhance the match day experience by standing, chanting, and singing throughout the match to hype up players, coaches, and other fans in attendance. They will also use approved items such as musical instruments, TIFO’s, flags, and/or smoke to create a positive energic crowd atmosphere.
- Fans in SAFC supporter group section will not wear any visiting team colors, display any visiting team logos, signs, banners, or flags. SAFC supporter group section is encouraged to wear SAFC colors.
SAFC Recognized Supporter Groups
- 210 Alliance
Registered Supporter Group Exempted Items
The following supporter group exemptions are permitted at the approval of SAFC management:
- Drums, horns, and other musical instruments.
- Flags on PVC poles
- Banners, flags, signage and tifos
- Incendiary devices (smoke)- SAFC staff will provide these prior to the start of every game
NOTE: Any/All Supporter Group Exemptions may be suspended either: Prior to or during the event, where there is a history of non-compliance, or at SAFC management discretion. SAFC management will communicate with supporters leadership.
Signs / Banners / Flags
Signs, banners, and flags will be allowed into Toyota Field/SAFC Supporter Section(s) upon SAFC management approval, if they meet the following guidelines:
- The sign, banner, flag does not impair the view of any guest within the approved area(s) or block any existing signage or vents.
- Information contained on the sign, banner, flag is not of the nature that could be construed as vulgar, offensive, graphic to other guests attending an event.
- Signs, banners, flags may not be used for commercial purposes such as advertising, campaigning, or advocating for or against any group(s). Signs, banners, and flags are to be supportive in nature for the club.
NOTE: Any sign, banner, or flag that is deemed inappropriate by SAFC management will be subject to denied entry or removal of the seating area(s).