San Antonio FC earned their ninth home win of the season after defeating Fresno FC 2-1 at Toyota Field in front of a sellout crowd.
These are The Notables:
Man of the Match
- San Antonio FC midfielder Walter Restrepo was named the SWBC Man of the Match after the victory. Restrepo scored a goal, recorded an assist and added two shots and four key passes. Restrepo’s goal was his third of the season while the assist marked his sixth which is tops on the team.
Mo in the Middle
- San Antonio FC defender-midfielder Moises Hernandez also added a goal and assist in the victory. The goal marks the first for Hernandez in the victory and second in his career. He also added three shots and two key passes along with a team-high four clearances.
Score Early, Score Often
- With the win, SAFC is now 8-1-3 when scoring the first goal in a match and 8-0-1 when scoring in both halves. SAFC also scored their 10th goal of the season between minutes 16-30 and seventh goal between minutes 61-75.
- Toyota Field welcomed 7,932 fans to the match tonight, marking the second sellout of the season. The 7,932 fans are the second most in 2019 (first- 8,058 – 3/9 vs. PHX).
Home Sweet Home
- SAFC improved their home record to 9-2-5 at Toyota Field this season, and 34-10-20 all-time at home. SAFC is 3-0-1 in their last four home matches and 10-1-4 in their last 15.
The Bearded Wall
- SAFC goalkeeper Matthew Cardone recorded five saves in the match, marking the sixth match of the season that he has recorded at least five saves, and 23rd match that he has recorded multiple saves. His 84 saves currently rank third in the USL Championship.