San Antonio FC earned an emphatic win over Reno 1868 FC on Saturday, earning their first-ever win in Reno and completing the season-sweep of the Nevada side for the first time in team history.
These are The Notables:
Four is a Party
- For the first time this season, San Antonio FC scored four goals in a USL Championship match. Overall, SAFC has scored four goals in a league match four times with the last time being 7/21/18 vs. Real Monarchs SLC (W, 4-2). SAFC has also scored four goals in one Open Cup match when they defeated the Midland Sockers 4-0 in the second round on 5/16/18.
Man of the Match
- San Antonio FC midfielder Cristian Parano was named the SWBC Man of the Match after scoring two goals and recording four shots and four key passes in the win. Parano’s brace was the fourth of the season for SAFC (also: Gomez, Barmby, Lopez) and the 10th overall in team history.
- SAFC midfielders Pecka and Walter Restrepo each recorded two assists on the night, marking the first multi-assist game for both players this season. Restrepo has now recorded four assists in 598 minutes to lead the team, while the game marks the first time Pecka has recorded at least two assists in his SAFC career. With the two assists Pecka has doubled his career total with SAFC (four).
- SAFC forward Frank Lopez scored his fourth goal since joining SAFC and 10th overall this season. Lopez is now one of three SAFC players to hit the 10-goal mark in a single season (also: Forbes, Guzman).
Turning a Corner
- After recording zero points over their first six road matches, SAFC has collected seven in their last four road games in 2019. Overall, SAFC has lost just twice in their last 10 league matches, compiling a 5-2-3 record, tallying 18 points and outscoring their opponents 21-12 since June 8.