San Antonio FC earned a three-goal shutout victory against the Tacoma Defiance at Toyota Field on Friday night. A brace from Jack Barmby and a goal from Bradford Jamieson IV gave the club its third-straight home victory.
These are The Notables:
Man of the Match
- San Antonio FC midfielder Jack Barmby recorded his first brace on the season tonight against Tacoma, bringing his goal tally to three in 2019. Barmby is now the joint-top scorer along with forward Ever Guzman and Bradford Jamieson IV, and he added a 90.0 percent passing accuracy and four chances created. He was named the SWBC Man of the Match and he followed teammate Brian Gomez who recorded a brace last week, which marks the first time an SAFC player has recorded braces in back-to-back matches.
- San Antonio FC goalkeeper Matthew Cardone secured his second clean sheet of the season and his third match of the season with at least five saves tonight against Tacoma. Cardone has recorded at least five saves in consecutive matches, and now has recorded 21 on the season total.
- San Antonio FC earned their third straight home victory with a 3-0 win over the Tacoma Defiance on Friday. SAFC improves to 5-1-1 all-time against Tacoma and 3-0-1 at Toyota Field against the Sounders affiliate.
- Tonight’s win marks the first three-goal victory of the season for SAFC and marks the second match of the season that the club has put three in the net. SAFC previously recorded a three-goal victory in four other matches since the start of the 2016 season. Tonight’s three first-half goals are also the most scored in a single half by SAFC this season.
- San Antonio FC recorded a passing accuracy of 82.7 percent out of 514 total passes tonight. Both numbers are season-highs for the club while Joshua Yaro (90.2 percent) and Jack Barmby (90.0 percent) led the way for SAFC.